Love being in the moors and mountains, backpacking, dogs, travelling generally. Favourite place in the world - Yosemite National Park. Primary school teacher and ex Mountain Rescue Deputy Team Leader. Married to Geoff, who puts up with all sorts.
- @aktovate1 @akkw1803 @markswalking @townsendoutdoor @BBCOne Did it hurt? 9 hours ago
- @louse94 @aktovate1 @akkw1803 @markswalking @townsendoutdoor @BBCOne You can't blame it now... 9 hours ago
- @aktovate1 @akkw1803 @markswalking @townsendoutdoor @BBCOne Predictive text has been playing me up a lot recently.... 9 hours ago
- @aktovate1 @akkw1803 @markswalking @townsendoutdoor @BBCOne Least least? 9 hours ago
- @HankBoxerdog @Witchywoo40 He is!😂🏕 9 hours ago
Author Archives: chrissiedixie
We’re extremely lucky to live where we do. In as little as 3.4 miles from our front door, we can reach an idyllic little spot on the slopes of Kinder, for an easy night out. Of course if you wish, … Continue reading
I’ve made a short video from some of my TGOC photos. If you fancy watching it, it’s thirteen minutes long and the music is by King Creosote.
Day Thirteen – 21.1 miles Mark and I both have the same plan for the finish, to take the Deeside Way from Ballater to Aberdeen. He plans to do it over three days though, and I want to take two … Continue reading
Day Ten – 14.9 miles I have a shuffle about of plans. My feet are still not perfect, but they’re improving. In an ideal world, I would now have a couple of days’ rest to sort them out properly but … Continue reading
Day Eight – 10.1 miles I have a very luxurious night at Newtonmore and sleep really well. Aiming to set off around 9am, I prepare my feet for the day in my new sock liners. They won’t be a miracle … Continue reading
Day Four – zero miles Morag’s Lodge in Fort Augustus is a great hostel. Not only are Colin and Dave staying here as well, I meet up with Challengers I already know – JJ and Andy Walker – and a … Continue reading