Love being in the moors and mountains, backpacking, dogs, travelling generally. Favourite place in the world - Yosemite National Park. Primary school teacher and ex Mountain Rescue Deputy Team Leader. Married to Geoff, who puts up with all sorts.
- @hswift65 @graytmb 😁 2 hours ago
- @KnipeMike :D :D 3 hours ago
- @aktovate1 @bobsleigh284 I'm sure @bpackingbongos will let you in his should yours blow down on #ghostcamp ....... 3 hours ago
- @KnipeMike Just got up to get a map and it was the wrong one....... think I'd better look at it tomorrow....... 3 hours ago
- @aktovate1 @bobsleigh284 Phew! I wondered what forecast you'd been looking at..... :D ! 3 hours ago
Author Archives: chrissiedixie
Friday We leave Hayfield at about seven thirty in the morning. James has come over the night before so we can get an early start. Going to the eastern Lakes doesn’t take too long, but we’re off to the south … Continue reading
Fran fancied a wild camp. I couldn’t guarantee a perfect sunrise and sunset, but I could accompany her on a short trip – hopefully with a half decent weather forecast – and give her a flavour of what it is … Continue reading
Featuring: mooching about, boggy ground, rocky ground, filtering water from a muddy puddle, millions of dead rabbits, sun/wind/rain, gorgeous views.
I have tonight put together a shortish video of this year’s trip, set to some First Aid Kit music. It’s just under 10 minutes long…..
I don’t normally do gear reviews – I might say whether I like something or not, but that’s about it – but there seems to be a fair amount of interest in this tent, so I’ll pen my thoughts after … Continue reading
Day Five Last night’s pitch had been particularly mozzified. Luckily, it hadn’t been too warm to eat in the tent. Geoff is particularly skilled at cooking in the porch by sticking his hands through a mega small opening in the … Continue reading