Love being in the moors and mountains, backpacking, dogs, travelling generally. Favourite place in the world - Yosemite National Park. Primary school teacher and ex Mountain Rescue Deputy Team Leader. Married to Geoff, who puts up with all sorts.
- @PeakRambler @FellBound @AlanSloman Very good point! 6 hours ago
- @FlintyRich @wellycath :D 8 hours ago
- @wellycath @FlintyRich and there used to be an orange more recently which I remember. Don't remember the strawberry… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- @wellycath @FlintyRich Here's a pic but you can't eat that :( etsy.com/uk/listing/233… 9 hours ago
- @FellBound @AlanSloman I love listening to ours in our village 9 hours ago
Category Archives: Bits and Pieces
I don’t normally do gear reviews – I might say whether I like something or not, but that’s about it – but there seems to be a fair amount of interest in this tent, so I’ll pen my thoughts after … Continue reading
I’ve made a short video from some of my TGOC photos. If you fancy watching it, it’s thirteen minutes long and the music is by King Creosote.
It was that time of year again. The time when the TGOC folk hold the annual Snake Inn Gathering, and the Pieman – being one of The Gatherers – ventures south. A few years back whilst in the area, he … Continue reading
Pebbles had received some very nifty new panniers at Christmas, but hadn’t yet tried them out properly. It was time we made the effort. After studying the MWIS forecast in some detail, Friday night looked like a good bet. The … Continue reading
Kielder might not be the most exciting place in the outdoor world, but nevertheless, I do have a soft spot for it. For one, it was the first place I ever took my special Dixie wild camping. Consequently, we often … Continue reading
After many years of faffing and moaning (I’m very fussy) I feel as though I’ve finally sorted a pillow arrangement for backpacking, that suits me brilliantly: Take one Exped air pillow (84g). A Western Mountaineering Down pillow (89g) with half … Continue reading